Tuesday, May 5, 2009

BOXING..............

The photo below is my late brother, Frank and his 1940 Ford Coupe Street Rod. Frank passed away several years ago with a heart attack at age 56, way to young. We were always close and lived only 30 miles away from each other until he and his family moved to South Carolina with a job promotion. We kept in touch, we visited him several times and he did like wise. I have many funny stories on Frank and I will share one of my favorites.
When we all were still living at home we went on a vacation to North Carolina to visit my mother's brother and his family. Uncle R.L. was an instructor in the Marines at Cherry Point, North Carolina. Frank was about 9 years old at the time. After a long trip we finally arrived at Cherry Point and got to stay with my aunt and uncle in a big housing complex for military personal. The next morning Frank and I get out to see whats happening in the complex. We find some kids about Franks age boxing . Hey, Frank I bet you can whip anyone of those boys, I have him all hyped up to box. Who's next one of the boys ask. I put the gloves on Frank and he begins to box the boy, man Frank is whipping his butt. Time out cries the boy, I have to use the bathroom as he disappears around the back of the building. Several minutes later he's back and the boxing continues. Frank is still winning the match, time out again the boy calls, I have to get a drink of water and disappears around the side of the building again. Back soon and they begin boxing, old Frank is getting tired and the boy begins to whip poor old Franks butt. We just can't understand how Frank is now losing after being so good for a long time. Franks is exhausted and says, I'm done. All the other kids watching are now laughing as another boy comes from around the building, it's an identical twin. Yes, Frank had been fighting two of them!!! This always brings a smile to my face, these are the good times I remember about my BROTHER.

9 comments:

  1. lmao that is a very funny story and I'm sure a great memory for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol frank, i'm sure it wasn't the first time those twins tried to "cheat"!
    i had triplets as pupils once, they had much of the same kind of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaver, but only lucky if we're playing doubles. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Nick, what a story! Sorry to hear abut your brother. You know I am a twin but we were too honest to fool anyone lol
    Hey love that red car! Looks like the yellow one I photographed in Puhoi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great 40 Ford!! Not sure about the red tho.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story, I am sad that you lost your brother so soon. The stories keep him alive in your heart and in ours. Thanks for sharing a delightful memory~smilies~d~

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! Great Story about your brother!
    Thanks for sharing my dear friend!
    Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful story! thanks for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete