Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I THREW HIM A BIRD !!!!!!!!!!

Growing up I was the oldest of three. At the time I had a sister and a brother. Later in my life Mom and Dad had two other girls. Both my older sister, Janice and brother Frank are no longer in this life. Cancer took Janice at age 46  and Frank died of a heart attack at age 56. It seems like the longer they have departed from this life I find myself looking back on those happy days when we were all together.
Another funny story on Frank. Located about a block from where we lived was a vacant corner lot owed by Mr and Mrs Ward next to their home. The Wards let the kids in the neighborhood use the lot to play. The lot was a lot bigger in my younger days but doesn't look all that big today. It still remains a vacant lot. We played what ever sport that was in season. We also flew our kites from the lot. 
Dad and I were sitting out on the front porch one afternoon while Frank was playing football at the lot with kids his age. The smallest kid in Frank's age group was one Butch Weaver. He was small in stature but was a tough kid. We began to notice Frank as he walked up to the front of the house holding one of his eyes. " Son what's wrong with you eye, Dad asked" " Butch hit me in the eye." Why did he hit you in the eye Dad asked??" I think it was because I threw him a bird replied Frank. "Son you are a lot bigger that Butch, you go back down there and whip his butt." Boy, Dad has Frank all fired up and he is off to take care of Butch. A little while later we see Frank coming back up the sidewalk. He's holding his other eye, little Butch had black eye number two. LOL!!! We could see the moral to this happening, DON'T MESS WITH BUTCH.  

7 comments:

  1. LMAO Sounds like a good idea! hehehe Great story Nicko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story nick...I think I may have been like Butch no one would mess with me because I was fighting until one of us couldn' stand anymore.. Didn't matter how big they were... Then I got smart and hung around with a guy named Ron (Icould never spell his name) Michoichek..Mick for short....Mick became an offensive lineman for the Giants and a pro wrestler.. When ever trouble started I just pulled Mick by the short sleeve a little closer to me. Never had to fight in those days..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you touched me and gave me a laugh both this morning.... Wonderful memories of those we love and the ones that make us smile... even so much the better!!!! Great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww - when we remember people they remain alive. We think it is the big things we remember the most clearly but more often it is such incidents that catch at our hearts. Thanks for that story. It brings to mind some of our own.

    Hope you are feeling much stronger now. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, nice story Nick, but maybe not for poor Frank he he!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Story!! LOL!! Hee....he...he...
    Thanks my friend.

    ReplyDelete