Thursday, December 31, 2009

BUS SIGHT SEEING TRIP ACROSS AMERICA....

Hey, guys and gals lets go on a sight seeing trip to see some odd sights across America. My bus is filling up fast so get on, find a seat and no smoking. Our first stop is in St. Louis, Missouri, I think Dakota lives near by. Look out your window on the left at that giant shoe made out of shoes in front of the Brown Shoe Factory. Anyone remember, " I'm Buster Brown, I live in a shoe??" This is the factory that make those shoes. Ok, I see some of you aren't impressed at all. Maybe the next stop will be more to your liking.








On the road again headed for Allen Park Michigan. Wade's from Michigan I bet he has seen this sight we are going to. This was an attraction at the 1964-65 New York's World Fair. It was a ride and 2 million people rode it. WOW!!!!!! We are on the road that leads to THE WORLD LARGEST TIRE. Get those camera's out we are here. Click, snap, flash and a lot of ohs,ohs and wows. This baby weighs 12 tons and is 80 feet tall. How would you like to change that tire if it went flat??






Ok, back on the bus and by the way this bus is very old but it will get us to our next destination. Look out Georgia here we come. Flora lived in Georgia a short time ago but moved back to Oklahoma. Who's back there drinking beer on my bus?? I think it's that man from Michigan a voice calls out. That's alright but no throwing your empties out on the road. Someone shouts out, " Look at that GIANT PEANUT MONUMENT over there in ASHBURN, Georgia." Amazing isn't it guy??








Anyone need to go to the bathroom?? You better go while we are here, the next stop is a long ride to Minnesota, land of the VIKINGS. Night time as the bus travels across the highways and interstates as the people are heard snoring and complaining. Are we there yet??? No it's another 100 miles. Wake up you sleepy heads I see old Paul Bunyan up ahead. Man you can't miss that monster can you?? Paul is located in Akely, Minnesota. Everyone is out of the bus taking photos. They found that it's a great photo op to have their photo taken while sitting in Paul's hand.
Man, I'm tired and hungry lets stay here and rest up before we hit the road again in a few days.

16 comments:

  1. I get a front window seat.... and you have to stop by the Cadillac Ranch near Amarillo Tex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I visit the Mustang Ranch when we get to Reno? (well OK, Sparks)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both Cadillac Ranch and Mustang Ranch will be included. The good captain can wave as we go by???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pssst Nick.....I have two entrance tickets!! Hint HInt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he, what a neat tour Nick, I loved sitting on that hand ROFL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the tour- sorry I have been so quiet. I have been so busy looking at everything. If you travelled this far in NZ you would drop off the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that bus has a good heater....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm,,, are we sleeping on the bus?... Wish I had brought my pillow

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Hell ............. no drinking , no smoking, what the hell kind of road trip is this??? You know I can't sit that long and stay out of trouble................. Wonderful stuff Nicko. What we gonna see next??? I hope it's a saloon ......... I'm awful dry ..........
    That big Uniroyal tire was a ferris wheel back in the day. I see it every time we go to the airport on I-94.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey maybe I can drive the bus ???????????

    ReplyDelete
  11. No beer drinking? and I suppose no bathroom either? grrrrrrr I was told this was going to be a fun excursion. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the photos here and the dialogue is fun Nick.

    ReplyDelete