Tuesday, December 15, 2009

THE LADDER...........

Lynn always had trouble with putting up the curtains during the Christmas season. The ceilings were way to tall for the six foot step ladder with her on it. It wasn't a problem for her husband Barney. The problem with Barney was getting him around to doing the curtain hanging. The couple always had there problems when it came time to change the curtains. Lynn was one who wanted the curtains hung her way and Barney just wanted to get those curtains up and go back to what he had been doing. Each year they would get in a fight over how the curtains looked when Barney was finished. They sagged and the pleats were not straight to Lynn's satisfaction. Barney would leave her mad and fuming for days. Words weren't spoken for days but they would finally get over the ordeal. Each year it turn out the same when it came time to hang the curtains.
After all those years of hanging the curtains Barney had a great idea on what to get her for Christmas. He found a 10 foot ladder at the hardware store that would hopeful solve the problem. Lynn could use the ladder to hang her curtains. He asked a neighbor to hide the ladder in his shop until Christmas and please don't tell anyone. The neighbor told his wife and the wife told her friends and soon everyone in the neighborhood knew what Lynn was getting for Christmas.
Christmas day arrived and Barney made an excuse to leave the house to get the ladder for Lynn. Barney soon reappeared with a red ribbon tied around the ladder. Lynn was shocked with what Barney was about to give her. She had envisioned a diamond ring or something romantic. She sank into her chair and began to cry.  Soon Lynn knew the ladder was a perfect gift and jumped up and gave Barney a big long kiss.  Barney told her I hope we never fight over those curtains again. I hate it when we bicker and shout when we can't agree on any thing.
From then on when feathers began to fly, Barney would bring out the ladder and they would laugh there troubles away.
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!! ANYONE NEED A LADDER??????????????


10 comments:

  1. This is an awesome story. I teared up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmao That's as nice as a dust buster anyday !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.. I know I am not the "normal" woman,,, but that sounds like a pretty nice gift to me... I used to ask for usable things and never got them... I would rather buy the personal stuff like clothes and jewelry for myself or at least be able to pick it out... I guess I am too picky.... I was once given a robe, one of those big fluffy looking things... I already had enough "fluff" of my own,,, I didn't need to add more layers...I never put it on,,, finally slipped it into the Goodwill bag...

    ReplyDelete
  4. she went from tears and disappointment to agreeing with him from one moment to the next? this sounds like a dream woman ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There seems a hint of truth here? *wink*

    Have an excellent lead-up to Christmas and may I suggest this year she gets a gift voucher to visit the local jewellery store?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like receiving useful gifts or small things without debt. I learned to let my hub do stuff his way. Sometimes he asks for my input, but then ignores me anyway. LOL, good story, Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL Nick, I'm also wondering at the sudden change of heart with Lynn, me and Amalie don't think you are telling quite the entire story he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're Barney aren't you ........................

    ReplyDelete