Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HOME MADE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS.......

Most every year I make wood turtle stools for those kids in the family and friends kids. They need to be at least 2 years of age to enjoy them. This year thanks to relatives supplying me with 4 kids; I made 4 stools. The kids love them and so do the parents. I even have one which is nice to prop my feet on watching tv.
This year I wanted to make some thing for the older relatives for Christmas. I had seen a lamp made from a glass block with lights embedded inside and a ribbon around the glass block. I had 6 to make this year. I had to buy the glass blocks and a drill bit for boring the hole to insert the lights. That bit wasn't cheap!! I also encountered a problem securing the glass blocks. I had bought 2 from Lowes to try and when I went back for more they had discontinued carrying them. I had to order them online at Home Depot and you had to purchased a case of 10. Finally they were all made and ready for the ribbon. The ribbon my wife selected just made them perfect after they were finished. Those who received them were thankful; even my wife.

8 comments:

  1. So Great Blog My friend, Glad you had a wonderful Christmas.
    And make me jealous! :o)
    Not everything in my Christmas. :o(
    But I'm Happy, cause God always give me gifts : Love, healthy, and blessing.
    Thanks for sharing my dear friend.
    And say Hello to your wife from me.
    Talk to you soon.

    ~ Hugz :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so resourceful Nick... I love home made Christmas gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great idea Nick. If I tried to do that...there would probably be nails sticking up through the seat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these the ones that you spent $15.00 each to put the bows on... Wish I had been closeby, I could have done them for lots less...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful and I'm sure you family/friends who received them were delighted with them - I know I would've been had I received one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, aren't you a clever boi Nick, these are gorgeous items you made. Your family is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little turtle stool and the lamp is absolutely beautiful. Too bad I got in the wrong line when talent was handed out. You do great work....L~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stools are adorable. I have seen those block lights, I love them.

    ReplyDelete