Saturday, December 5, 2009

CONSTRUCTION HUMOR EXPERIENCES.......................

Through the years while I worked for my father and later when I worked for myself as a contractor; I look back on some funny happenings on the job sites. I hope some will bring a smile to your face.
We were building a house to sell and a Captain in the Air Force was transferred to our town with the military. He and his wife were looking at the house. My father always built the cabinets right on the job. Dad had the cabinets done but the sink hole hadn't been cut out yet. The man asked, " Were is the sink in this house??" Dad replied, " It's out in the garage." "Well that's a hell of a place to put a sink, up north we put them in the kitchen." When they left Dad called him a nut. Well that nut bought the house.
While working on a remodeling project the man of the house was trying to remove a wheel from a small lawn mowing trailer. He had been working a long time and had run out of ideas to remove the wheel which was stuck on the axle. " Nick do you know how I can get this wheel loose?" Yes, go to the store and get 2 bottles of Louisiana Hot Sauce, pour the sauce around the wheel and wait an hour and you can take it off with one hand. It was all I could do to keep a straight face!! the next morning when I returned to the job I asked him , Did you get the wheel off?? No he replied but that Hot Sauce ate all the grease off the wheel. LMAO!! To this day he thought I was serious about how to get the wheel off. Yeah, he finally got the wheel off!
Dad and I were building a new home for a couple. The land was next door to the guy's father who had a dairy farm. The rooms were all finished and painted. The flies were real bad and were specking up the walls and ceilings. His wife asked Dad, " Can you do something about these flies messing on the ceilings??" Dad replied, Sure can Patsy, you catch them and I'll put some diapers on them.
More stories to follow in a few days.

7 comments:

  1. It seems you came by your sense of humour naturally... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds more like a comedy club than a construction company!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your dad was a real pip. Gotta love a man with a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL Nick, I love your humour and sounds like you shared it with your dad he he he

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA HA HA did you ever follow up with more, these are great.

    ReplyDelete