Sunday, July 26, 2009

DOG SPOILS MY DATE......YEAH IT DID!!!!!

I never did like German Shepard Dogs. They say a dog can sense when a person is afraid of them. Once I went to collect an insurance premium when I worked as an insurance agent. My manager was present with me the first week I took on a new debit. The man before me was afraid of dogs and had marked on the page with red ink; BAD DOG. Hey, "Mack, Paul has bad dog written on this page." Oh, Paul was afraid of all dogs, this one isn't a bad dog." A mean German Shepard comes running out of the garage and the next thing I know I have climbed on the back of the car parked in the driveway. The lady comes out of the house and puts the dog up. "You are going to be just like Paul with my dog. My dog wouldn't bite anyone." Next month when you come to collect just blow your horn and I will put the dog up. The next month I pull up in the driveway and blew the horn. Out comes the woman with a huge bandage on her right arm. " You remember me telling you that my dog wouldn't bite anyone, well I was wrong, he bite me when I went to break up a dog fight." I had him put to sleep." BAD DOG!!!!
When I was younger and working for my father, we were remodeling a house in town for a couple. The woman said, " My niece is coming to visit this weekend would you like a date with her?" Is she pretty I asked, Yes, she is a little doll and shows me a photo of her. Man she is nice looking, yes I would like a date with her. She will me visiting my sister over on Bel-Aire drive and you can pick her up around 7:00 pm on Saturday and you'll have a good time. Saturday finally rolled around and I was looking sharp in my new jeans and pink shirt driving my convertible. I arrived at the sister's house right on time. I rang the door bell and out of nowhere comes this big German Shepard dogs barking and going for my leg. I opened the storm door and got in as far as possible with one leg outside the door. The dog had my jeans leg just above my foot and was tearing my new jeans, The woman finally comes to the door and too my rescue. " Let me put Herman up" as she takes him back to the garage and closes the door. " Linda isn't' t ready yet so you can come in and wait on her." I need to go back home and change my pants your dog has destroyed my new jeans, I'll be back in about 30 minutes to pick up Linda. Poor Linda is probably still waiting on me to come back. LOL!!!! I wasn't going to go back, she wasn't that pretty.
Daddy really made my day when I told him what happen. " Son, that girl saw you coming and didn't like your looks and sicked that dog on you." Might have been a true statement. " From then on when I told my family I had a date, Dad would say, "WATCH OUT FOR DOGS.""

9 comments:

  1. lol, now you KNOW there are no bad dogs. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I can't say I blame you not going back for your date - think I'd have given it a miss too! I'm not a fan of German Shepherds either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao I've never been bit by bad dogs. I HAVE been bit several times by those dogs that won't hurt anybody tho! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. He he he Nick, you do know how to tell a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, and am I glad I have 2 GSDs! Wouldn't have any other breed! :-) Good story too btw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice story.... :o))
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to tell us the story of meeting your wife.... Were there any unusual happenings in the beginning....Hope she didn't sic any dogs on you.... lol

    ReplyDelete