Monday, May 3, 2010

NASHVILLE FLOOD MAY 3, 2010

Nashville, Tn. is going through the worst flood in it's history. Over 13 inches of rain the past two days has caused havoc to it's citizens. Major flooding in downtown as the Cumberland River has reached an all time high 10 feet over flood stage and is expected to crest even higher by Tuesday. 11 deaths in and around the city so far today because of high water.
1500 visitors at the Opera Land hotel had to be evacuated Sunday. Major roads closed and under water. Saturday evening 138 cars and trucks were trapped on Interstate 24. One person was drown in their vehicle. Several semi tractor trailer trucks were also trapped on I-24. A large portable classroom came floating by the stranded motorist on the Interstate and was shown to disintegrate as other cars and truck slammed into it as it got lodged between a semi truck.
All local TV stations covered the flood and cancelled there regular programs. We missed the American Great Race for the first time ever. Our heart and prayers go out to those effected by this great disaster.

9 comments:

  1. What a mess. I hate seeing devastation like this. I hope everyone will pull out of this and be able to get on with their lives. What a strange year it has been around the country and globe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did this get near you Nick?? How's your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh have been thinking about you there Nick and a few others of my friends..Thanks for the update..you just never know whats next. God Bless stay safe..Hugs from Milli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about this Nick, glad you're safe though. Take care!
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a terrible situation, hope you and your family aren't in any danger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking of you all xxxxxxxxx lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was held up for a day, waiting for I-40 to open. I had to get to Memphis, to get to the Mississippi town I had to deliver at. Went through on Monday afternoon, and it was still amazing on how high the rivers and creeks still were. Say much evidence of where water had gone across the road. Had someone say that they saw one of our company trucks in one of the news shots. Wasn't me. True my truck could use a bath, but think I'll say with the truck washes.

    ReplyDelete