Wednesday, September 17, 2008

COUNTY FAIR.....


Lets go to the fair!!! Each year we go to the Lincoln County Fair which is located in Fayeteville about 35 miles from home. This is a must see event with plenty to do and see. Did you say you want to come along. OK, the car is almost full so climb in and hang on. What's that smell, who did that? Was that you Wade??
We are coming into town guys so behave. You want to eat before we go to the fair? Milli wants a Big Mac, Lynn wants BBQ, Wade wants a BUD, Dakota want Arbys, Irene wants Mexican, Christianne wants French, all the others don't care what they have they just want to eat!! We decided to go to Burger Boy. Ok, gang hurry up time is wasting, the horse races start a 1:00 and we want to see those horses and riders speed around the 1/2 mile track. Wade calls shoot-gun and we are on the way.
Man this car is slow with all these people in here. How many people will this Pinto hold??? I'll park outside away from the gate. You know they charge for parking there. Who said I was cheap?? I think that was my wife!! I was told to be on my best behavior. Guys and gals get your tickets and off we go to the grandstands for some racing. Looks like the stands are almost full. No Wade those seats are reserved. Wade," No one is sitting in any of them, I say we sit here and if anyone claims these seats we can always move, who is with me??" Need I say we got to sit in those reserved seat. The races were good, the trotters pulling a cart with the rider aboard traveled the tracks 1/2 mile twice in about 2 minutes. One race was over in 1: 57. Look at that horse run!!
We are off to see the exhibits around the fair grounds. 4-H kids had some awesome displays with their produce they grew? There's a  very big watermelon, 97 pounds and look over there at that huge pumpkin. Apples, peaches, pears and canned goods of all vegetables. Boy, I'm getting hungry, those food smells coming from the midway is hard to resist. Blooming onions, funnel cakes, turkey legs, BBQ, fried candy bars and my favorite, Polish sausage with peppers and onions. Lets eat gang!!
Lynn wants to ride that roller coaster and everyone wants to ride different thrill rides, I think I'll just watch ( I get motion sick, wimp??) Everyone had a great time. We stayed out of trouble, most of us did. When It was time to load up the Pinto we couldn't find Wade. A search party couldn't find him anywhere. Who knows what happen to him?? Reports of a guy looking like him was seen over at the horse barn trying to bribe a guy to drive one of those horse carts. POOR HORSE, that's all I can say.

9 comments:

  1. KOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I had one of everything at the food mart! All but that guy selling apples. whats up with that? I wanna ride the tiltawhirl!! ....... OOOOOOOOOOOOO I don't feel so good.... better pull the Pinto over...... I think I should have passed on that spicy sausage too by the smell of things....... hehehe Where we going next week? Boy they don't make cars like this anymore, most of em already blew up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man sorry about the carpet too................ must have got that in the horse barn I was visiting for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww wonderful Nick and I was just last week at our own royal show and took photos too. I am glad that you dragged me along and the big mac was enjoyable after so long. You have made me want to blog about the show here now too although your blog was so much more fun because you included your Friends and we all ate, drank enjoyed and had a ball.
    Thank You Nick and Big Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey dad can I have the keys to the party wagon I wanna go back to the fair tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah that is the great thing about Autumn - all the produce and the local fairs to go to. Sounds like you did not have to be dragged along and made to enjoy it - lol. Thank you for taking us along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ::eyeballs spinning:: I really honestly think the ferriswheel might be more my speed. I lost my BBQ and now I'm hungry again! Do they have the cute 'lil piggy races here? I'm not ready to leave yet, I am going to spin around and find some cotton candy, popcorn and a hot dog. Hug's Nicko and did Wades car win any prizes? WoWy what a great time! Thanks for inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pictures! Seem like you all had a nice day. I'd never go on a roller coaster... I would get sick. I do not like any carousels or stuff like that.

    I would just love to walk around, look at everything and take a lot of photos! =o) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I feel sick...............

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had such a great time Nick. I love the way your wrote about it, it made it so interesting! Trots! I loooove the Trots! Our family use to go to the Trots at Gloucester Park in Perth, Western Australia, nearly every Friday night when I was a kid.. great fun. Have a wonderful weekend coming up mate... take care.

    ReplyDelete