Monday, July 12, 2010

WATER AND WATER FALLS.............

We take for granted the beautiful nature our area has to offer. Living here all my life I still haven't seen all mother nature has to offer. I simply love water falls and we have several close by.
Sunday we set out to see some that are close by. A trip to Rutledge Falls was first on our agenda. One has to go across private property to the falls. Thanks goodness for the property owner allowing access to the falls across their property. Many cars and trucks were parked along side the road as we departed to the falls down the trodden pathway.  Falling water sounds fill the hot air as we near the sight.
Arriving at the falls we see many people at play in and around the falls. People on the falls with their heads in the cold falls water. Kids swimming at the foot of the falls in clear cool water. Two dogs retrieving sticks thrown by their owners into the water. Every where you looked people were enjoying the pleasures the water and falls provided. Several older people were observing what was going on some 60 or 70 feet below at the base of the falls. The climb down was too sleep for the older folks but I made my way down just fine. The climb back up wasn't as easy as going down.






To the right;   the smaller falls just above the main falls. Photos off the net. More waterfalls we saw on Sunday to follow in a day or two.

7 comments:

  1. Can you imagine owning that land? OMG that would be heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would build my house right beside them with my bedroom window hanging over a bit... What a sleep...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sight. I am so glad the owners are sharing the beauty. Michigan has many places of beauty right here where I live and I haven't seen 50% of it in 53 years. I hope you have many more great travels Nick and share them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a place would do everyone good on a day like your day there.
    Excellent that the owner shares this gem of a place with others. Loved your story here Nick. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had an enjoyable time by the falls Nick,
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my dream home, would be a cabin, near the mountains, with a river and some falls. And a big ol' camp fire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! You had a beautiful day Uncle.
    Beautiful place!
    Thanks for sharing.
    ~ Hugzz :o)

    ReplyDelete