Saturday, April 25, 2009

NEVER TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTED...............

We never know what life has to offer each day when we wake. Will the day be good to us or will some thing happen unexpected? Mon. April 20th was starting out great for me. Cleaning up in my shop from working on building my 1952 Chevy Hot Rod truck. And then it happened!!! Severe chest pains that bent me double and ran down into my left arm. I slowly made it to the house and told my wife, " I think I'm having a heart attack." I decided to lie down on the bed to see if the pain would ease while my wife got me an aspirin and some water. My wife sensed that I needed to go to the hospital and began getting both of us ready to go.
To make a long story shorter of three days in the hospital with many test on my heart nothing was found to cause the pain I had. I believe I pulled a muscle around my heart when I moved some heavy concrete blocks early Mon. morning. The events of the 20th gave me a new meaning of LIFE. I thank GOD for each day!!

16 comments:

  1. And we thank Him for you!!! Thank goodness that your wife wanted you to go to the hospital... always good to have things like that checked out.... don't play with hearts!!!
    So glad you are home and better ~ please take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sorry to hear you've not been well, but great news to hear that you're back - as Linda said, it's always best to go and get checked out. Take care (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it was nothing serious Nick. Take care now and yes, we should always appreciate each and every day as if it were our last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy that was a close one !! Better think a bit before the heavy labor starts this time. We aint gettin any younger! LOL
    I don't expect to get to a ripe old age so I always live as much as I can each day. A kid at heart?? YOU BET !

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a scaring experience! but a good thing came out of it: you appreciate life more than before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nick glad you're ok... Take appek at my blog called I Had A Dream... I think you'll enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least you realized that something wasn't right. Smart thinking on the wife's part with the asprin. Glad that it turned out to be nothing. I had a heart attack about a year ago. Certainly puts your views of life in perspective doesn't it. I think we should all live like this was the last day. To bad it takes a scare to remind us of that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad it wasnt your heart.Thank God you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't find that particular blog on your site. What date did you write it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nick, I just want to repeat.... Sometimes those tests don't show the whole picture.... It took a heart cath to find my blockages....All those other expensive tests showed nothing, but i knew there was a problem.... Just listen to your body and if any of those pains happen again... insist on further testing...Doctors seem to think we are all text book cases and that is not true.... You know when your body is telling you that something is wrong... The doctors don't always know.... hugs,,,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nick I am thankful that you are fine. A scare like this certainly brings us back down to earth. Not that you were flying the cyber plane at the time LOL. You certainly did the right things but I guess its best to be sure than sorry so do some more tests and look after yourself mate. I know you have an angel by your side there. God Bless You Both. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nick I tend to agree with farmersdaughter. Do take care and maybe get to hospital a bit quicker next time

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank god you are ok now!! do take care nick. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Nick, I'm sad you had to experience that, but I'm glad you are okay. It is mysterious how sometimes life changes so rapidly we then realize how short it really is. Take care of yourself, watch the heavy stuff!!! God Bless~smilies~d~

    ReplyDelete