Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WOMEN DRIVERS......


Mother never learned to drive. She became a nervous wreck when Dad tried to teach her. All women should learn to drive they miss so much during life not knowing how to drive. The hassle they go through getting someone to chauffeur them around. Mom didn't miss a lot while Dad was alive, she always got to go where she wanted. How many people would drive someone 32 miles just so she could buy the brand of pinto beans she like to cook. Dad didn't seem to mine.
Mom's sister Aunt Thelma didn't learn to drive until later in her life. At an advance age she was determine to secure a drivers license. Uncle Herman had fixed up a 1963 Chevy II hardtop for her to drive. The day came for her to apply for her license. She passed the written test and eye test with flying colors only to fail the driving test. Disheartened but not giving up she would weeks later take the driving test again. This time the same highway patrolmen would ask her to drive the car up to where he was filling out her papers for the test. You will never guess what happen next?? She did what the officer told her but he wasn't paying close attention to her and poor old Aunt Thelma ran over his foot. HE FAILED HER AGAIN!!!!! Poor old Aunt Thelma or was it poor old officer.
Did she give up after all this??? NO WAY!! They say the third time is charm. On her third try with a different officer ( I guess the ran over officer wanted no part of Aunt Thelma's driving skills) she passed and finally received her drivers license. After all this trouble she never drove her car very much.

3 comments:

  1. That happens with a lot of people - once they've learnt they rarely drive. Don't know what I'd do without my car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. neither one of my grandparents drove or ever had a car. My grandad was so upset with those new fangled noise makers that he never owned a tractor and when he retired farming in 1960 he was still using horses and walked all the way to town (15miles) to pay his bills. He walked every week till he died at age 84 so I guess it didnt hurt him any. Amazing story Nick! Look for a album with the other cars from the IDIDIT Car show coming to my site soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad's mother never learned to drive, Jack has an aunt 93 who has traveled everywhere, but never drove, his granny never drove. I had a distant Aunt, Millie and she drove like a bat out of h...l. I think some of my Moms first aunts never drove either. As for me, I have killed a few toes in my day when the poor soles stick em under my wheels, it's their fault.>). I love your stories! Thanks Nicko.

    ReplyDelete