Friday, August 22, 2008

MY KITTEN IS MISSING.....

One of my granddaughters at age 5 couldn't find her kitten. She had looked in all the kittens favorite places to hid from her. She became very upset and asked her dad, "Daddy have you seen my kittie cat??" Her dad told her, " Leslie, your kittie cat died and went to heaven." This seemed to put her at ease.
The next day she couldn't wait to tell the little boy who lived next door about her kittie cat. " Did you know that my kittie cat died and went to heaven??" NO, said Johnny your kittie cat didn't die and go to heaven. Your daddy backed over it with his truck and threw it up in the back of his pick-up. I saw him through my window.

6 comments:

  1. Oh No. is that really true... how awful...some kids can be tactful and some like to hurt.. parential guidance I guess... we've all been through things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do kids do that!!!!! She is only 5. That sort of thing can cause trauma for life. Someone needs to talk to that kid's parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids can be very cruel, but they can be taught kindness too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh darn - a parent's nightmare...now what do they do? Guess first off a bit more truth then the heaven bit in future?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little boy who saw the dad run over the kitten was only 6 years old but he turned out OK. He is now a youth minister at his church. My granddaughter is now 23 and the principle of a Paul Mitchell Hair Salon School. Have a great week end!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh kids are so blunt and PAINFULLY honest.
    I'm sure his disclosure was meant to be enlightening and not cruel.....well ....wait a minute , I was a big sister, I know better than that.

    ReplyDelete