Saturday, August 30, 2008

I HEAR BELLS RINGING???????

I've been known to pull some pranks on close friends through out the years. All have been harmless to those who were chosen for some fun. Perhaps one of the best pranks was with some little bells like kids tied on their shoes or people placed around their pet's neck.
A neighbor's oldest son had arrived back home from his stint in the Air Force. He soon fell in love with a young woman in a near by town. Once they were married her parents gave her and her new husband 5 acres of land next door to them. I was a home builder and was contracted to built their new home in the middle of a corn field. They both were very excited with the construction of their dream home. They were great to work for because they knew what they wanted.
The house was finally completed all but a few odds and ends . I agreed to let them go ahead and move in and I would complete the remaining punch list. The stage was set once they moved into their new home for my prank. They had one of those beds with the metal springs under a mattress and I had these bells, that gave off a little ringing sound when hit together. I tied these bells under the bed to the metal springs and when the bed moved with motion the bells would give off a faint ringing sound.
Weeks later my wife and I meet the couple for a night out at a local restaurant and we all got a big laugh out of what they told us happened with those bells. Sue kept asking Charles, while they were in bed, do you hear bells ringing??? Charles was hard of hearing and didn't hear the bells Sue was hearing. They say when you are in love sometimes one hears bells??? Poor old Charles wasn't hearing bells but Sue was!!LOL!! After several weeks the mystery of the bells was finally over thanks to a new kitten Sue had in the house. The kitten found those bells under the bed and was ringing them a lot more than Charles and Sue where????

10 comments:

  1. LOL what a fun story Nick I loved it. Tra la la la do I hear bells? Well I would love too! such a lovely sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those old original beds the wire springs sqeaked... so I heard ! and the mattresses were feather beds "down" they called it I think - and the inner section was flattened more from use so you rolled in the middle together... like it or not ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this what they mean when they say, "what a ringer!" ? I love your stories. Thanks Nick for 2 smile's in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. remind me never to get you to build a house for me! Good prank Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are wikkid....LOL ( In the nicest way that is )

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL can imagine this is a story that still goes around! Thanks for sharing. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did Nick ! I laughed right out loud ! Gotta love those Kitties

    ReplyDelete