Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Entry for May 30, 2007 CAROLYN'S WATER GARDEN...!!

Carolyn has wanted a bigger water garden for some time and a trip to see one my nephew, Mike was building was all that it took to get her excited for us to build her one. She would decide to use a preformed liner she bought from a friend a year ago. After she selected the spot she handed me a shovel and instructions to dig a hole to put the liner into ground. I had cut several big oak trees down about 3 years ago and knew I would run into some trouble. On the fourth shovel into the ground, you guessed it,I hit the stump!! No option, this is where it's got to be!! By the afternoon I had a hole ready for the liner. We didn't put it all the way into the ground, it set about 8 inches above the ground level. I used some stones I had for about 20 years and filled in the area around the liner. Man, that looks good to me, I tell her.. At days end I'm tired but happy with the results, after all Carolyn is hard to please????
The next day I'm off to town to get some concrete mix to pour a pad for the waterfall. Upon my return Carolyn says," Do you want to hear the bad news." What in the world could she be talking about I'm thinking to myself, go ahead hit me with the bad news????" I DON'T WANT THE POND ABOVE GROUND, I WANT IT BIGGER AND INTO THE GROUND!! I know she thinks I will throw a fit, but I am kool and tell her, " Honey if thats what you want, I can change everything." I totally catch her off guard. I forgot to tell you that after I placed the rocks around the liner she moved every one of them to suit her taste.
STORY TO CONTINUE TOMORROW !! HEADACHES & BACKACHES !!

No comments:

Post a Comment