Monday, May 14, 2007

Entry for May 15, 2007 PET DUCK DINNER..!!!

THANKS TO MILLI's BLOG ABOUT STORIES FROM OUR CHILDHOOD I RECALL THIS ONE...................................................................................................
I have a story that happened when I was about 3. I really can't say that I remember back that far into the past but Mom & Dad told it for many years and I guess it's embeded into my brain?? We lived on a farm where Dad was the hired hand and the owner provide living guarters for the three of us. Times were hard and Mom was in a pickle as to what to cook for Christmas dinner. Dad tells Mom, looks like it's going to be Nick's pet duck. Mom prepares the duck for dinner along with some veggies. Once we set down for dinner Mom &; Dad are not able to bring themselves to eat any of my pet duck but Nick is eating it without any trouble. Dad would tell this story almost every year at Christmas and I would joking, complain about them killing my pet duck. After many years one Christmas Dad had a box for me at Christmas. As I opened the box I had no idea as to what was in the box. Finally I get it opened & to my suprise it's a mother duck and 3 baby ducks statues!! Dad says here's you some damm ducks!! They sat on top of our fridge for many years and are now put away in a closet. Thanks Milli for helping me recall this story. Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment