Thursday, November 9, 2006

Entry for November 10, 2006 GOLF OR LEAVES!!!!!!

Today was going to be a good day to go golfing once more before bad weather sets in for the winter. Today's temps is going to be in the 70's as opposed to a few days ago when it was only in the 40's.  Three  days ago we had rain for about two days. We live in the woods , many, many trees surround our house and you know what that means in the fall and winter.  Yes the dreaded raking of the leaves, around here thats a weekly task of mine.  You see in Tennessee all the trees don't give up their leaves at the same time so I have some falling all winter long. I have a new device this year to help with picking up all those leaves, no not my wife, although she helps. A bagonwagon I pull behind my mower and it pulls them up into a wagon which when full I dump them into wife's compost bin. Today the leaves are very heavy and It will be about 20 or more loads. You can't see the grass for the leaves.  I  always do leaves on Sat. but since rain is in the forecast Sat. I had better do them today. The great part about the leaves, in the spring and summer we have plenty of shade and the temps in and around our house is about 20 degress lower than out in the open, so it balances out in the long run. NOT TODAY!!!

Regards All







No comments:

Post a Comment