Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Entry for September 27, 2006 BIG MONEY!!!!!!!!

At age thirteen you don't expect to become RICH overnight. Our family would visit granny and pa Barnes on the week ends in Fayeteville.   My uncle Billy who was 3 months older than me would go to the Lincoln theater to watch cowboy movies. Imagine mother and granny being pregant at the same time. Mother with her first and granny with her last child. Oh, the stories they must have shared!! Once at the movies I would have to visit the bathroom. On the way up I kicked something with my foot, it was a wallet. I picked it up and continued on to the bathroom. Inside the stall I locked the door and opened the wallet up; man I have found  a GOLD MINE!! Inside I find three five dollar bills and three one dollar bills. Man $18.00 I'm rich, I was at the time. Sodas, candy bars, peanuts were only a nickel in the 50's. I'm not telling Billy, he would want half of the money. I dare not tell mother and daddy, they would take my new found wealth away from me.  Once back home in Tullahoma I have thought of a perfect place to hid my money. There is a hen house in the back yard. I get a Prince Albert tobacco can to put my money in and will hid it under one of the hens nest that is covered with straw. I will get money out for sodas and candy. I begin treating my friends , buying them goddies. I bet they thought I was dealing drugs. Wait a minute, there are no drugs in the early fifties. After a while I'm scared mother will find my money. I have a brillant plan. I hid the can in the middle of a colvert under our driveway with a rock over it. What if it comes a flood??  YOU BIG DUMMY!! It rained for two days and the can with my money was gone. I begin walking by the ditch which ran down hill to the depot some eight blocks away. At the depot I find the can with my money but a little wet. Back in the hen house goes my money. Mother never finds it and it takes several years to spend all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment