Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LIFE IS SHORT..........

Last Wednesday 8 senior men began a golf tournament for 7 weeks. We would play with a different partner each week. 2 points for a win , 1 point for a tie. One in our group was going on a vacation for 3 weeks. No problem Bill we will wait till you get back to resume. I'm sorry to say our friend will not be back. We never know when life will end. Yesterday our golfing friend's life ended in a sudden tragedy. He was visiting with friends and all were on the deck which was ten feet off the ground. Bill was leaning against the railing when it broke and he fell to the concrete and broke his neck. Our Bill was gone from this life.
Bill was a fun loving man. Loved to golf; loved to win. He enjoyed poking fun at his golf competitors when his team won. One week Bill was unbeatable in his match against my partner and me. Bill chipped into the cup from just off the green on five holes. A feat that Bill will hold the record on for ever.
Bill is gone from this life but he left all of us with memories we want soon forget. Rest in peace Bill. I'm sure if there is golf in heaven Bill will tee it up. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Nick... I am so sorry...I know he will be missed...But you are so right, life is completely unpredictable...Such a freak accident..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your pal Nicko. Thank God the Lord gave us a memory so no one will ever truly be dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about Bill, Nick. I hope you can really remember all the good things and use that to get you through the painful part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this Nick, but I love this tribute to him. Sinking chips on five holes, I've never heard of it, not even by Tiger lol!
    I do hope Bill is golfing in Heaven....

    ReplyDelete