Thursday, October 25, 2007

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES

Entry for October 25, 2007 CHILDHOOD MEMORIES...
Entry for October 25, 2007 CHILDHOOD MEMORIES... magnify
How far back can a person remember during their childhood? Some people claim they can go back to age 2 or 3. But do they remember or did their parnets tell these stories so many times that they are etched into their memory. I can only go back to when I was 5. After reading a blog by Victoria's memories from her childhood I was inspired to share some of mine.
All my early childhood was spent in a rural setting where Dad worked on farms. Playing in a large cornfield with my pet duck. Duck vanished, later in life I found out my duck was Christmas Dinner!! Times were hard!!
Going to work with Dad. Playing in a cornfield while he gathered corn and tossed it into the wagon. Having to go to the bathroom while he picked corn. Dad I got to go!! Son, go over under that tree near the fence. When I finished and was pulling up my overalls something was in my overalls. Daddy, daddy there is a lizard in my pants as I hold it for my dear life with one hand. Dad comes to my rescue and pryed my hand off what I just knew was a lizard. A small twig had fell from the tree into my overalls.
Playing too rough with my kitty and trying to revive it in a pan of water, hanging it up to dry, it didn't make it. I always wondered why??
Told not to go near the creek by Mom, came home wet and muddy. No I didn't go to the creek. On yeah, you did!!
I wanted to go with Dad one night to get water down in the hollow at the spring. Stay here it's too dark!! I stayed way behind so Dad wouldn't see me and slipped and fell on a sharp rock and cut my elbow very bad. Dad comes again to the rescue.
I get to ride in a borrowed horse and buggy the next morning to my first trip to a doctor. I still carry that scar!
Soldiers across the road, all over the hillside and hollow training for war. Gave us candy and C-rations.
Mom making soap in a large black pot over a fire in the yard.
Remembering the night my brother was born at home. A neighbor's retarted son running up and down the road the next morning announcing that Mrs. Burton had a black baby boy. Mom didn't like this!!
We all have childhood memories some where in our head. Do you want to share some of yours?????
Tags: | Edit Tags

Thursday October 25, 2007 - 09:39am (CDT) Edit | Delete | Permanent Link | 1 Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment