Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Entry for August 17, 2006 I THREW HIM A BIRD!!!!!!!!!

A corner lot located one block from our home on Franklin street was vacant and the owners, Mr & Mrs Ward let all the kids in the area use it to play. Many hours were spent at this lot playing what ever sport that was in season.  We  would fly homemade kites during the windy month of March. Once I made a kit out of tinfoil and flew it to a great height, once at full height I could cut the string and the kite went sailing off into the horizon. People called the radio station to report a UFO. Daddy and I were setting on the front porch one afternoon while some of the smaller kids in the neighborhood played football on that lot. My late brother, Frank came up the steps holding his eye. Whats wrong Frank daddy asked, Butch hit me in the eye. Why did he hit you in the eye son??  I think it was because I threw him a bird!!! Butch was the smallest kid in our circle but was tough as nails, he would fight a circle saw. Daddy told Frank you go back down there and whip Butch's butt, you are a lot bigger than him. Man you can see Frank is all pumped up by daddy little talk. Now Frank is on his way to whip little Butch's butt. A few minutes later old Frank returns holding the other eye, Butch had blacked Franks other eye. I saw the moral to this story right quick, Don't miss with BUTCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment